Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lytle Article Reflection/Practitioner Inquiry

  In genral I feel that teachers learn to teach throughout many avenues during thier careers. First and most importantly is from thier own experiences. It is what we face everyday that makes us better teachers and learn more about ourselves as teachers. From here we are able to change and learn from our teaching. Secondly, teachers can learn from conferences/professional development. There are so many available refources in professional development that teachers can learn new information and add to thier teaching pedagogy. I have learned so much from attending conferences and sharing ideas with other teaches, which leads to practitioner research. I feel that this is imortant in our field of teaching. Teachers can learn so much from listening and asking questions from one another. From my experiences, I hold conversations with the K teacher daily. We have not come to the point of research but we learn so much from each other. At this point she is really interested in inquiry. I have a lot to share with her but together we can learn more and research and figure out how to incorportate this more into our classrooms.
The article I read was about Home-school journals. I really enjoyed reading this and can appreciate how these teachers began thier research to make a connection and build a relationship with parents and home/school. I want to try this out in the beginning of the new year. This for example is learning to teach. I have read to better myseld as a teacher. I like the aspect of practitioner research and will try continue being part of the field of education.  These journals can be my one small step to incorporating funds of knowledge from students homes, that I discussed in my previous post, into my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment