Thursday, April 18, 2013

Reading in the 21st Century - New Literacies

With the ever so changing world of technology that we live in, reading is changing due to new literacies available for our students to comprehend.  As teachers we need to become aware of how to help our students access this inforamtion.  Though I am sure that most of my students can do more than me sometimes.  This is a challenge.  Even though I consider myself technology savvy I feel that as a teacher I need to make sure I keep updated and share this information to better the success of my students. 
Ipads, the internet, blogs, twitter, and all that follows are great ways to help students access new information.  As well the growing CCSS and informational text along with critical literacy all adds to new literacies that teachers need to guide their students learning.  I do feel that best practices in literacy carry over into the new literacies and the evolving technology in our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment